The Center for VLSI Design at Padmasri Dr.B.V.Raju Institute of Technology of Sri Vishnu Educational Society was established in Department of ECE in the year 2008. The center focuses specifically on Analog, Mixed-signal and SOC VLSI design. Its faculty members bring extensive academic experience and broad industrial experience. The center leans heavily on professional interactions with industry for guidance and support.
The institution has identified the need for qualified and trained man power in VLSI Design Area and towards meeting this has collaborated with companies such as SYNOPSYS and XILINX, under their University Programs enabling both Staff and Students understand and appreciate the High End Technology.
- Xilinx offers a complete EDA environment which encompasses the Entire Digital Design flow from behavioral modeling to FPGA Configuration.
- Digital Designers can develop Prototype and test their design before going for an ASIC.
- Use of Xilinx Software and FPGA’s gives BVRIT students an experience on EDA tools used for hardware design and makes them industry ready.
XILINX Tools available at Center
The following tasks can be performed using Xilinx tool :
- Get the Most Out of Your Design Using XST Synthesis Strategies.
- Reduce FPGA Verification Time Using New Simulation Features.
- Improve Productivity Using Multiple Constraint Files.
- Simplify Entry and Analysis of I/O Timing Constraints.
- Improve Time-to-Market Using Partitions and SmartGuide.
- Improve DSP and Embedded Design Productivity.
- Optimize FPGA Performance Using Goals, Strategies, and SmartXplorer.
- Improve Productivity Using the EDA Standard Tool Command Language (Tcl).
- Fine-Tune FPGA Power Budgets Using New Power Analysis and Optimization.
- Improve Configuration Ease of Use with Project Navigator and impact.
- Use of Partial Reconfiguration.
Regular workshops and seminars are conducted by Xilinx at BVRIT on recent trends in VLSI with active involvement from eminent industrialists and academicians. Also many students are being recruited as internship at Xilinx..