BVRIT - Industry Institute Partnership cell
The objective of the Industry Institute Partnership Cell is to reduce the gap between industry expectations (practice) and academic offerings (theory) by direct involvement of industry to attain a symbiosis.
All the Stakeholders, namely Institutions, Industry, Students and Society stand to gain as it can be a win - win partnership.
Institutions stand to gain by way of up - to - date curricula, source of revenue generation by consultancy and R & D, source of manpower for employment, societal relevance, and most importantly acquisition of brand name / equity.
Industry stands to gain by way of availability of employable manpower pool, and increased productivity, faculty stand to gain by way of exposure to latest industry practices for more effective teaching - learning processes, etc.,
Students stand to gain by way of hands - on training, reduction of learning curve in industrial practices.
Society stands to gain by way of improved quality of goods and services.
Suggested activities to achieve the objectives of Industry Institute Partnership Cell are
- To arrange industrial training for students and identify student project work in industries. To encourage industry to collaborate in Industry Study Tour Programmes (ISTP) and placement of students in industries.
- To interact with R & D Organizations for conducting joint research work involving faculty / scientists and students / research scholars etc.,
- Faculty exchanges - getting professionals from industry as visiting faculty or adjunct professors for short or long periods and deputation of faculty to industry to gain industrial experience and / or work on projects
- Curriculum development - associating experts from industry in curriculum planning and review.
- Personality development workshop for students relating with soft skills (communication skills / personality development).
- Guest lectures by eminent personalities, academics, leading industrialists at regular intervals to update the students knowledge.
- To arrange technical festivals / open houses / student design competitions.
- Continuing education programmes : Providing infrastructure to meet the training needs of the industry, like improving communication skills, job analysis, inventory & financial controls, efficient management skills and on up gradation of technical knowledge on current topics.
- To update the knowledge base (qualification) of professionals in different emerging sectors (Biotechnology, Nanotechnology etc.).
- To arrange short - term programmes : Duration of 5 to 7 days for the benefit of professionals in various technical disciplines.
- In house training programme at the request of industries at their location.
- Promotion of Income Generating activities namely Testing, Calibration, Consultancy and R & D (for achieving self sustenance of the Cell with in 3 - 5 years) typically for :
- Creating facilities for Design, development and improvement of existing practices / processes / concepts.
- Up gradation & modernization of workshop facilities.
- Preparation of operators manuals, audio and visual cassettes and assistance in implementation of BIS & ISO standards through conducting various audit analysis.
- Finding solutions of various problems faced by the industry during production and operation of the industrial units.
- Conducting market surveys and feasibility reports through projects assigned to the students and providing them to the industry for their benefit.
- Technology transfer in the nearby rural areas.
- To set up Innovation Centres and Centres of Excellence.
- Signing MoU's with industry and institutes. Setting up of technology parks in collaboration with alumni and industry for cost effective opportunity for R & D leading to marketable products.
- Promotion of homegrown technologies, which is expected to strengthen the linkages between research institutes and industry indigenously by commercialization of indigenously developed technologies.
- Institution of industry sponsored special chairs / staff positions with all expenses met where reputed persons can be appointed for a fixed period.
- Institute can provide services to industry such as:
- Library and information services to the industries.
- Access to institute research information service.
- Access to laboratory facilities.
- Access as partner industry to set up common facilities for better Industry -Institute synergy.
|3.||Technical Festivals / Exhibition / Students Competitions etc.||01|
|4.||Competency Development / Personality Development Programmes||02|
|5.||Consultancy jobs / research work to be done by the students under the supervision of experts from industry, render help to sick industries, products / process / software development||03|
For further details please contact